Here is my entry to the Dungeon Crawler Jam 2022!
It's a 2D dungeon crawler inspired by old classics and made using similar techniques as back then. No 3D here, just simple 2D graphics painted back to front (Painter's Algorithm) using images from image atlases generated using my own AtlasMaker tool. This game is meant to be a showcase project for the AtlasMaker demonstrating the capabilities. I hope you like it :)
The source code is written for the LÖVE framework (https://love2d.org/) and is released on CC0 license . I urge you to take into consideration that this game was made in a week when you look at the spaghetti code :D
Note: On the jam version there is a bug where the collision detection on the area exits isn't working so you can walk right through them and crashing the game. It's fixed and will be updated as soon as the voting period ends. There is also a bug regarding a certain key at the very end.
The bugs mentioned above have been corrected in 0.9.2
- Move: WASD+QE, ARROWS, NUMPAD
- I: Inventory
- ESCAPE: Game menu
- ALT+ENTER: Toggle fullscreen
* See attribution.txt for more information
- Fixed: Sometimes you couldn't load a savegame.
- Fixed: Clicking on a bush sometimes crashes the game
- Fixed: Can walk through the gate in the first area.
- Fixed: Character stats sometimes doesn't properly reset after you died.